Home About Us Products Services Contact Us
Greenes Oil and Propane - Heating Services
System 2000
Contact Us Form
Feedback Form
Need Fuel Help
Need Help? 
Greene's Oil & Propane can help!

We can help you if you need fuel assistance. Please call Greene's Oil and Propane to discuss your options. We know of many heating fuel assistance programs. We can guide you and point you in the right direction. Here is some advice and some suggestions on where you can inquire about heating fuel assistance.

When should you apply for heating fuel assistance?

The best time to apply is during the first application period: July through August 31st. However, keep in mind that applications will be accepted through the end of February. The later you apply the later the benefit will be paid and note that later benefits may also be smaller.

How should you apply for heating fuel assistance?

You need to complete an application form and answer all the questions. Do not leave any blanks.
You do not need to send proof of your answers unless specifically requested to do so. Income and resources may be verified through a computer match.
You must sign the application.

Here are some heat fuel assistance resources for your reference:

Senior Helpline

If you are age 60 or older, call the Senior Helpline toll free at 
1-800-642-5119. They may be able to help you with heating fuel assistance.

Community Action Agency

Your local Community Action Agency may also provide heating fuel assistance support.
Heating Fuel  Assistance BROC - Community Action in Southwestern Vermont
Rutland: 1-800-717-BROC, (802) 775-0878
Bennington: (802) 447-7515
Heating Fuel  Assistance Central Vermont Community Action (CVCAC)
Barre: 1-800-639-1053, (802) 479-1053
Randolph: 1-800-846-9506, (802) 728-9506
Morrisville: 1-800-639-8710, (802) 888-7993
Bradford: (802) 222-5419
Chelsea: (802) 685-3178
Heating Fuel  Assistance Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity (CVOEO)
Burlington: 1-800-287-7971, (802) 863-6248
Middlebury: 1-800-639-2318, (802) 388-2285
St. Albans: 1-800-300-7392, (802) 527-7392
Heating Fuel  Assistance Northeast Kingdom Community Action (NEKCA)
Newport: (802) 334-7316
St. Johnsbury: (802) 748-8997
Canaan: (802) 266-7134
Island Pond: (802) 723-6245
Heating Fuel  Assistance Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA)
Westminster: 1-800-464-9951, (802) 722-4575
Brattleboro: (802) 254-2795
Springfield: (802) 885-6153
Hartford: (802) 295-5215

Site Map